Saturday, June 29, 2019

Let your Dinosaur out!

Hello and I hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Here in the UK we are having a HOT one (about time too I can here a few say) so I thought I'd share this quick little card with you all if you're sitting in the shade and catching up on your reading.  At the moment I am making cards to sell to fund raise so I was pleased to be able to put this card together quickly and it looks effective too.


This card is made from images and papers found on Polkadoodles Sticks and bones collection. With a couple of mushrooms from the lily-bug-love-embellies-bundle.

I started out with a blank white card at 15 x 15 cm. I then chose my next paper from the collection and cut that out to 14 cm sq and inked the edge in brown and added it to the card blank.

I then used my photo editing app and took my next paper choice sizing that to 12x12 cm and on top of that I added my next choice at 10x10 cm.


Then I chose my pre-coloured dinosaur and placed him down and then I took 3 styles of leaves from the embellishments kit and re-sized them making one like a tree and put them over to the left. I added the quote and then printed it off.
Again I inked the edge and ran a black fine marker between the 2 papers. Before I printed off the page I copied and pasted 2 mushrooms and 2 more dinosaurs which I fussy cut out and added to the image for some interest.
As you can see I removed the back legs on the first layer and then just kept the head on the second.
Buy adding these couple of things on top of the image it takes it away from being totally flat.


You can do so much with the kits or just individual items from Nikky . Everything works so well together. 
Hope you have enjoyed looking at this and maybe you would leave a word or two.
Have a good one,

Sue

1 comment: