Saturday, June 22, 2019

Magnolia blossom

Hello and a Happy Saturday to you all,

Just thought I'd pop on and share a little card I have made for a sweet friend of mine.



I started with a 6x6 bright white card blank and then took a Dutch Doobadoo  shape-art  in a blossom type style and cut around it.  I inked the edges with Spun Sugar, then I added this sweet paper from Paper Boutique  and then I cut the next size down in a coordinating paper and inked in black  to make it pop!
The ribbon/lace I have had in my stash for such a long time and decided to add a touch of that.
I made a frame and inked that also in spun sugar and added some flower centres from two different stamp sets by Verve Stamps, I matted  that on to some pink dotty paper and added to the card using foam pads. The Happy Birthday is from Verve Stamps too and that I cut out using one of the blossom tips as a guide.
I then went about searching for flowers but in the end I made my own up using some petals I had left from other projects and added stamens to the centres.
The sweet Magnolia image I picked up at a second hand sale and I'm afraid I don't know her name yet! I coloured her in using my Promarkers and then fussy cut her out and adding her with foam pads. The final touch was to add some teeny tiny clear gems about the card.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you will be able to leave a word or two as I always enjoy reading them.

I am entering this card in the following challenges
magnolia-liciouschallengeblog June
cutecardthursday-587-summer.  Mine is summer blossoms
thecraftyaddicts-61.
aperfecttimetocraft June
ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com-386.


Sue.

5 comments:

  1. This is just adorable Sue, I love your shaped card and of course that sweet Tilda. Such a cutie, thank you for joining us this month over at Magnolia-licious challenge. Good luck!
    Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww love the shaped card and I sneak of a peek of lace. Just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious this month! Hugs!
    Eulanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I love the little window that she´s looking out from. Pretty flowers, colouring and layers.
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at ProMarkers.
    Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shaped card. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Addicts and I hope to see many more of your beautiful creations soon :)

    ReplyDelete