Thursday, July 4, 2019

Sewing Bee-utiful

Hello,

Today I have a birthday card which I have made for an order.

I decided on a circular card this time which I cut out using my stitched circle dies.  I have used a dotty paper from Paper Boutique and another from merlyimpressions-yucca . I gutted the dotty paper to mount the cream paper on to. The cream I printed myself by stamping the Grandma's Attic rubber stamp by JustRite in Worn Lipstick and only choosing the top section to cut out and stitch around with blue floss. Two layers were added using foam pads for height.


The recipient of this card has just taken up sewing and also loves to flower arrange too so I was quite happy to use this zipper rose along with other flowers, leaves and a large pin. I added the laser cut dress form underneath the flowers to pull it all together. This lady also has a lovely dog who had to be added to the card too.

Here is a closer look where you can see added pink pearls and a tiny butterfly too.  I added the bee because over here in the UK we have a wonderful programme on TV called The Sewing Bee which has ignited the passion for dressmaking again.
I hope you like what you see, if you can leave a word or two.
I am joining in the fun at the following challenge sites
craft-deebowz.July
creativefingers 167
aperfecttimetocraft.July
cutecardthursday-589-anything-goes
craftingfromtheheart 246

Sue.

2 comments: