Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Recycle at Jingle Belles

Hello,

Well here I am again making another Christmas card ready for December! Wow that's different for me, usually I'm the headless chicken in December lol.

The girls over at  jinglebellesrock. This fortnight are asking us to Re use, Re cycle or Up cycle whilst we think about Earth Day. So as I always save those card fronts that are too good to hit the rubbish sack I was able to join in with this challenge.


I set about using a 6x6 Kraft card blank and covered it with some lovely green dot paper and in the corners I added some gold peel offs and dots of red glitter glue. Then I took a scrap of red check paper by Kaisercraft and added gold straight line peel offs to the edges mounting it on to the card with foam pads. I added cream ribbon to the centre and then the Christmas tree topper on top using Pinflair to lift.
I have also used Verve stamps for the sentiments and they have been added to a touch of gold to tie everything together.
This card has quite a vintage feel to it and I'm pleased to add it to my stash.   

I'm sharing at the following challenge blogs

Sue

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, great recycling! Fabulous topper, lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful combination of elements for your card ... so glad you celebrated EARTH Day with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Love that Christmas tree!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous collection of goodies and an awesome "rescue" of the gorgeous xmas tree card; definitely too nice not to save! so pleased you could celebrate earth day with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete