Saturday, September 24, 2016

#191 Christmas

Hi,
Well this time it is my turn to choose the challenge over at My Sheri Crafts and as time is marching on towards that busy time of the year for us card makers I thought I'd ask us all to make a Christmas card. However this card must NOT be flat but it must have many embellishments on it (well atleast 3!) lets see lots of lift. 3 months today it will be too late, you will have no more craft time so lets get going. Enter as many times as you like but no back dating please.


Well here is my card for the challenge and this time I decided to do a shaped card too. I made a 6inch tent fold card blank out of bright white using my stitched circle die. I then matted on to that a piece of Christmas seen paper which has the 3 wise men aswell as Mary and Joseph printed on it. I used my new die across the middle and wrapped a length of cream with gold ribbon around it but not before adding a gold mirri stitched circle off to one side. I stamped the 3 wise men in a sand coloured ink and cut out using a SB die. 
The Peace stamp is by Rubbernecker and I've had it for years. I cut out some pointsetia flowers from papers used already and other cream scraps, gold too. The large flower in the middle is from a artificial Christmas flower which fell apart last year and I couldn't throw them out.
So as you can see plenty going on here so now it's your turn to show us your stuff!

Thanks for stopping by, 

Sue

6 comments:

  1. Very elegant Christmas card Sue! It is gorgeous! You need to try and enter it somewhere!!! ;)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Xmas card, really love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Sue! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh *WOW*! what a gorgeous, elegant, amazing card! totally luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card... so clean... so crisp... so very Sue! I love the details

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card. Love the papers and colors! The new die is lovely! So many beautiful details!!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete