Thursday, July 4, 2024

Ice Cream Wednesday

 Hello,

Today I am up over on  The Mad Scrapper Blog with this cute layout of my sister's granddaughter Eleanor who spends Wednesdays with them most weeks. As they live by the coast on the better days they take a trip out and if it's not to chilly she loves to have an ice cream. This photo was taken just after she had finished the most enormous 99!


I started by taking a sheet of 49andmarket Spectrum Sherbet collection (my last from the collection) cutting it down to 11 then I added some hand stitching to each of the slices leaving threads hanging off the edge. I distressed the edges and matted on to black. Then I found some red and white dot paper to give a playful boarder. I took the photo and matted it on to black with foam underneath for lift.


Because Eleanor's skirt has strawberries on it I grabbed the strawberry paper by Maja Designs and cut out a heart which I decided to make into a shaker so the top is made from Monochromes- Coral I added little strawberry shaker mix in to it. I also cut lots of different dies using Bazzill basics and a full list is at the bottom. The ice-cream cone die I have had for years and I think only the 2nd time in use!! The Love You is cut from a 49&market spice paper and matted on to their green.


Once I was happy with my collection of ephemera I set about putting the layout together. Of course you always need a few more bits and this is where the tickets were added from the Strawberry Lemonade Ephemera kit and the little arrows.


I also used some snippets from the sticker sheet of Simply Stories Wild Flower and Boho Baby collections.


Here is a closer look at the ice-creams as you can see I cut out another this time a Mivi


I like to where possible add a little hand written journaling and this will help her in years to come remember what went on. To finish off I added some flat sequins in candy colours about the page.


Thanks for stopping by again today, I hope you get chance to call in a see Janine at the shop and check out all the new goodies which are arriving weekly if not do as I do and visit The Mad Scrapper  online.

Sue.

Here are the items I used today: 

49andmarket Spectrum Sherbet paper and
Strawberry Lemonade Ephemera pack.
Snippets from Simple Stories Boho Baby and Wildflower sticker sheets.
Strawberry paper by Maja Designs
The above are now out of stock but you may have bought them and are looking for inspiration to use them so hopefully I have achieved this, below are still instock.









No comments:

Post a Comment