Sunday, July 21, 2024

Seattle 2024

 Hello,

Here I am on The Mad Scrapper Blog today sharing my first holiday layout when I visited family in USA and we made a visit to Seattle. The weather was beautiful and sunny as we walked along the sea front stopping to take photos.

For this layout I have used the beautiful Summer Porch collection from 49andmarket. I have the full collection which includes an extra patterned paper on the reverse side of the front cover, which is the blue mat.


Firstly I trimmed the Splendour sheet to 111/2 and distressed the edges and because I love to I added stitching just above the printed lines in red and black floss. I gathered together a selection of Chipboard bits from the Summer Porch and Serenity collections that I thought I may use along with fussycut flowers from the Day Dream sheet, you can see all in the photo below.
Here you can see how I have added a couple of the journal cards as well as a fancy mat in grey under the photo also some muslin for texture. All edges were distressed and the photo was lifted using some cardboard from my delivery box (thank you Janine)


Once I was happy with the placement of the photo I started to make my clusters using the fussy cut blooms tucking in other bits and pieces 


Here you can see I added a couple of postage stamps and another phrase from a older kit.


Here you can see the top smaller cluster along with some of the stitching. I added some teeny tiny red gems around the layout


There were beautiful planted areas along the front with plenty red and white flowers which is why I chose this sheet to use. The paper ribbon used is again from an older collection


To finish off the layout I used flat sequins in soft green and tiny red gems. I hope I have inspired you to breakout the collection and not just use it for beach themed photos. Do call in to see Janine at the shop to checkout all the beautiful papers and embelishments she has available, if you can't make it go to The Mad Scrapper  online store.

Thanks for stopping by again today
Sue.

Here is a list of the products used today:
Muslin cloth from Janine
Serenity chipboard set by 49andmarket









 

No comments:

Post a Comment