Friday, May 31, 2024

Lets Make Cards

 Hello,

I'm here today on The Mad Scrapper Blog with a quick post on making cards with Rubons.

Well what do you do with your rubons after you have used the ones you wanted on your layouts? I have a few sets in my stash with odd bits and bobs left so I thought I'd try to make a few cards with them. To be honest they came together quite quickly and I'm pleased with the results. These were the ones I chose to work with.


I started by making 4 card blanks in cream 2 were 5x7 and the other 2 were 41/4 x 51/4 I placed down a teal mat on 2 and a berry mat on the others. Then I cut another cream layer 1/2 inch smaller and added rubons all over and then I stitched around the edges. I put a thin card under for lift and added it to the card base.


Then I chose a selection of rubons and after putting them on card I fussycut them out.


These are the two teal ones some images are glued flat and others with different sizes of foam pads.


These berry ones I think are my favourites. You can see I have added white on black strip sentiments for a touch more drama!


Here you can see the hight I have managed to get along with finishing touches of clear gems.


Thanks for stopping by again today, I sure hope I have inspired you in what else you can do with your rubons?  Do pop in to see Janine and she will show you all available if you have none or go online The Mad Scrapper  

Sue.

Here is my list of supply's:






No comments:

Post a Comment