Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Shades of Boho Birthday Card.

 Hello there!

It's my turn to share a project on themadscrapperblog today and I've chosen to make a birthday card using the wonderful new papers by Maja-design these are called bohemian harmony and you can see the full collection instore.


I purchased the 12x12-collection-pack because I couldn't decide which to have! So for this card I made a 7x7 tent fold card and to it I added the first layer flat, cut slightly smaller of the Dream Big page but first I stitched around the edge with embroidery floss 357, inking the edge with brushed-corduroy and then distressing the edges.


Next I took amazonite and cut a 6x6 piece, after that a slightly smaller piece of slow-down capturing that sentiment in the bottom left of the page, I did just a little stitching in the top right corner before adding ink and distressing the edges and sticking it down to the amazonite paper. To this I added foam to the back before attaching to the base card.


Next I gathered some embellishments I thought I may use. All from 49-and-market plus some blue lace and a ivory daisy from my stash.


Here you can see how I have put the flowers together on the card. Firstly I die cut a doily displaying the opposite side of Dream Big and to the underside I attached the blue lace. Before adding it to the card I put down a couple of leaves from Vintage Artistry In The Leaves - Foliage. I stamped a Happy Birthday on to a scrap of the paper and added it to the doily and then went about adding the flowers I chose from the packs.


I chose one of the large blooms from rustic-bouquet-bluejay but I pulled off the top and added a smaller flower to it, then I added the daisy and the rest of the tiny flowers are from royal-posies-ocean-jade 
and a 1cm-rose-white I have also added more leaves along with some cream pearl stamens. 


Here you can see the sentiment I have chosen to highlight on the card front. This card is for my sister who works tirelessly for her community and has just become a Nana and I'm so hoping she will start to slowdown a little and take time for herself.


To finish the card off I have added kaisercraftself-pearls in denim along with some sequins and a couple of butterflies who come in with the leaves. 
Thanks for stopping by again, I do hope you find time to pop in to themadscrapper either online or the bricks and mortar shop as there are lots of beautiful things to see.

Until next time, take care

Sue.






No comments:

Post a Comment