Friday, November 5, 2021

Mocha Crazy!

 Hello!

Today I'm up on the themadscrapper.blog with a layout using a photo I have wanted to scrap with for nearly 2 years!


I was having one of those last minute look about the shops before Christmas just incase I should find a little goody I thought we may like and I felt I deserved a little treat so I called in to Hotel Chocolate where they have a little coffee shop and I decided to have myself a Mocha as I'm not fussed over hot chocolate but when it arrived I nearly fell off my seat!! I can tell you it was devine and I am sure I will try another this year. It was the strongest coffee but it didn't matter due to all the whipped chocolate cream on top.

Anyway on to the layout itself. I chose to use storyline collection by Heidi Swapp. I first gutted the Everyday paper leaving a inch boarder all around and then I cut down the Market-fresh to 11inches.
Then I took a pale green marker and drew a circle. I took out my sewing machine and using a grey thread I went around the circle twice crossing over the lines trying to make it random in appearance.

                                                                            

I then did something I'd seen the night before by Srappycat on YouTube I took a stencil and laid it around the circle as if the branches were fastened to it. I used the following Distress Inks adding layers peeled-paint , crushed-olivekitsch-flamingo  and worn-lipstick.


Then I took the  string-frame-set by Dusty Attic using the middle size and embossed with rangers-white embossing-powder and then I re-inked and added a tiny sprinkle of ranger-pink embossing-powder and a touch of brown by ranger. I attached the photo to it trimming close to the edge. I brushed some pink distressed ink around where it was to go and stuck in down with foam pads. I cut the flower from one of the tags and tucked it underneath along with some flowers I made using a stamp and the home-grown paper by Heidi.
I made a tiny cluster in the top right using cut-offs from the gutted other side and another flower as well as a cute sentiment stamp from my stash. 


Here you can see the other cluster on the left side. This uses a coffee stamp set  which has these cute cups along with steam and topical sentiments. I paper pieced the pattern to them and added the one with foam pads. I also added a few flowers from Green-Tara in ochre and a couple of leaves from 49-and-market/flowers


Here you can see one of the 5 finnabair- clear-melange--pebbles I have used. 3 I glued to papers used so the patterns could show through.


This last photo show you other items I have added to the layout such as gold, green and red sequins also some squiggles in pink and green. I did add some glossy accents to a couple of the pink inked berries but they don't show up so well!


I hope I have inspired you to use a photo on a layout instead of leaving it on your phone like I did with this one. Thanks for stopping by today, do pop over to themadscrapper.co.uk Janine has some lush papers instock along with my personal favourites flowers! as well as many other things we couldn't do without!!

Till next time take care

Sue.







No comments:

Post a Comment