Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Days to Remember!

 Hello Again!

Today I have a layout for The Mad Scrapper Blog. I have been revisiting some of my very first layouts and boy were some of them plain! So I have decided to break them down, removing the precious photos and in some case embelishments and remake them. This layout is one of the first I have completed and I have to say it resembles nothing of the first LOL.

Main photo


This is our son Jonathan who is now 28! I can say he loves this new version. I am using papers, ephemera and a rub-on from the Peace and Joy collection by 49andmarket. I started by punching stars around 2 edges of cherry-splashsmoothies by Bazzill. Then I cut the Starry page down to 11inch and distressed the edges, then taking the  Tim Holtz-Stars-stencil I mixed up some gesso and acrylic paint in blue, green and red and sponged them through.

photo 1 + 2

 Then I put a strip of green and blue under the punched out stars to show through. Here you can see I have taken a frame from the peace-joy-ephemera-bits the bit that's missing I'll keep for again (you know how that goes!) funny how you do all that work on the paper and then you go cover it up!
Photo 3

This next photo shows that I have added two stars that I have cut out from peace-joy-holly and matted on to cherry-splash I have also added a spring-tree by Dusty Attic which I have embossed using a selection of powders by WoW! I took a sentiment from the ephemera pack and matted it on to green it is not stuck down yet in this photo.
photo 4

So now is the best bit, placing down the photo and filling out with lots of lovely flowers and embelishments. Some are from my stash but lots are from the store. The photo is matted on to a greeny blue piece of card and then on to foam to lift it. Here you can see a couple of paper baubles with a bakers twine bow and a couple of cotton balls.
photo 5

This next one shows the sentiment which I have raised and placed down. I cut a fishtail from the Holly paper to match one out of the ephemera pack and added beneath along with more stars and a heart gem. You can also see the one rub-on I have used from vintage-artistry-everyday pack

Photo 6

Here you can see a bit closer the small flower cluster and the spring tree. You may also spot that I have added some clear glass beads by Finnabair
photo 7


On this next photo you can see the little banner I added made from the inch wide strip I cut off.
photo 8 


I took a Merry Christmas chipboard I have had for a while and I can't remember if it is by Dusty Attic or not but I painted it white and then embossed it using Silver Bells and Vintage Candy Cane by Wow to tie in with the tree.
photo 9

This next photo shows the main cluster on the page along with a tab from the ephemera pack and some cheesecloth I tucked under the photo. I went in with some gell medium on the flowers so I could add snowy glitter. I love how all this just fitted together to make a much improved layout of my sons 2nd Christmas.
photo 10

The full list of flowers and leaves are here 49-and-market Majestic-bouquet-tomatoRoyal-posies- tomatoRoyal-posies-ocean-jadeRoyal-spray-ocean-jade. I have also added Nuvo drops in Red Berry and Bright Gold. Snowy white glitter, bakers twine and sequins from Spiegelmom. Then to finish off I splattered white gesso.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed reading how I put this together today and will maybe be inspired to create your own Christmas layout. There are so many beautiful papers in this collection along with Rub-on's and Bubbles also you will find a set of stamps which have useful images on. So pop on over to themadscrapper and check out all the goodies, new stock arriving every week.

Till next time, take care.

Sue.

1 comment: