Thursday, December 2, 2021

Christmas Cards

 Hello Again!

I'm here on the The Mad Scrapper blog today sharing 2 Christmas cards I have made using papers and embellishments from the Peace and Joy collection by 49-and-market.


I have made these for a brother and sister so I like them to be similar.


I started by cutting out two white 6.5inch circle card blanks and then I took the Wishes paper and cut two slightly smaller circles but using the red side. On to that I passed white Gesso through my Finnabair-Iris stencil, after it was dry I distressed the edges. I added each flat to the card blank.


Then I carefully cut out a smaller circle catching the winter rose and another fancy edge circle from the Holly paper as you can see in the photo below.


I attached chipboard to the wrong side to lift it from the red but not before adding a little Cheesecloth to soften the edges. 
The next 4 photos show the finished cards with the addition of all the lovely embelishments from the Ephemera Kit and flowers from the store as well as my stash.


I used the centre of a doily as the mat for my sentiment, I also added some sweet flower lace with pearls in their centres. The large title banner is from the collection and I made a couple of banner tags from paper cut-offs. The flowers on this card are from royal-posies-tomato along with a pinecone like flower from royal-spray-ocean-jade. I have also added berries and Nuvo drops in red and white.


The next two photos show the other slightly different card. As you can see I have used the second banner from the ephemera kit, there are two others in it but slightly different. I made a tag and added ribbon then tucked it under my cluster of flowers this time from majestic-bouquet in tomatoroyal-posies in tomato and Garden-petals in Parchment I added a couple of crystal berries and a gold one.


Here you can see the sweet little sentiment which I added to a doily I cut out using the last little bit of the red paper. I also added red and white Nuvo drops and to both cards I tucked in leaves and twigs which I die cut from my stash.


I hope you like what I have made for you today and maybe get inspired to use your papers for cardmaking too. Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to call in at the themadscrapper.co.uk to see all the other beautiful papers in the collection. Till next time, take care.

Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment