Saturday, June 26, 2021

Ladies Nite!

 Hello there!

Today I'm sharing a layout I have made for themadscrapper.blog using new papers instore by Maja Designs called Tropical Gardens and I have used 2 papers from the collection Cockatoo and Soundscape. To be honest I couldn't decide what to use as ALL are fabulous. You need to check them out as they are selling fast!!

My layout is using a photograph of my sisters and myself taken at my eldest sisters ladies Night at her husbands Lodge in 2019. This photo is a rare event because we all live so far away from each other and almost never get together!!


I have to say I am really pleased with the end result but with such beautiful papers and flowers to use it was not too hard.

I started by ripping both papers in half and inking the bottom one with vintage-photo on the torn edge, laying it on top showing the torn edge. 


Then I took string-frames-small by Dusty Attic and white gesso'd it and when dry I embossed with a mixture of white, bubblegum pink and holographic powders. I also did 2 primitive hearts and a bird cage from my stash. After seeing where my photo was going and the cage I snipped off a portion and placed at the bottom left to help even out the look. I added the last of this beautiful lace and some foam to hold up the photo.


Then turning over the Cockatoo paper you see this lovely layered feather like pattern so I cut a few tabs from it and inked the edges too.


Now for the fun bit!   Taking out ballet-slipper and parchment Enchanted Petals along with vintage-artistry-natural-collage-stack vintage-artistry-essentials-4-6-file-frame-set all by 49 and Market I chose a few pieces to use. I placed down the photo first, tucking under a ticket and mounting it on 2 layers.


Here you can see close ups of the flowers and you can see I have added paper twirls and a few extra leaves as well.

I have also added some pink heart gems and Prima glass beads.


I have added pink flower gems too, under the birdcage I added angel wings which I embossed in pink/white. They are in 2 other places but I think I may have covered them up!!


Here you can see where I added the tabs making sure to ink and distress their edges first. A couple I added using foam pads. I gave the page a splatter with watered down pink acrylic paint and watered down distress ink. I made the tab to add the title and date.


Once again thanks for stopping by today. Do leave a word or two if you can and don't forget to pop over to themadscrapper.co.uk and check out the full collection of tropical garden before it sells out!!

Sue.







No comments:

Post a Comment