Friday, October 13, 2023

Wildflower Cards.

 Hello,

Here I am on The Mad Scrapper Blog today sharing 4 cards using the recent release from Simple Stories working along with My Minds Eye called Wildflower. I'm not showing how I made these just the finished articles. 

Here are the first 2 and I have chosen to make DL style cards for these two young ladies.


I have used the same pink gingham as a base layer on both  distressing the edges before sticking them down. I have added a Touch of Pink panel with the opposite side to the gingham on it and then a cut apart card to 2 mats picking up the colours in the paper to this card adding it in a jaunty angle. It has foam under for dimension which allows me to tuck under flowers from the pack along with some I have fussycut. I added 2 stickers from the sheet as well as a stamped birthday sentiment and a few pale pink pearls.


To this base card I have 2 layers one from Coastal and the other from the opposite side of the gingham and to that I added another trimmed down cut apart. I added a little bit of lace to the panel and a small cluster of flowers. I die cut the 21st using a cut apart piece I knew I wouldn't use so the colours all work. Again a few pearls to finish.


Here are the next pair and these are 5x7 side opening cards.
I have made another birthday and this time a thank you card. I have utilised the coastal paper for matting on both cards.


This card has a layer of vintage pink paper from Maja Design first with its distressed edges, then a slim panel of coastal with the pink bowing cats on it, I was able to cut it so you see 2 cats together. On top of that I added a circle then doily and then a cut apart giving the sentiment. Around one side I added flowers and leaves from the flower pack. I stamped my own sentiment and finished with pearls.


This next card has the pink butterflies matted on to the coastal paper, on top of that I added the big fussycut bloom which was lifted for dimension at the top allowing me to tuck under smaller flowers. I die cut the Thank You and again to finish I added gems this time around.


I hope I have inspired you to try and use up some of your papers this way. They really have come out better than I expected, so very pretty.
Check out other collections Janine has in stock at The Mad Scrapper  there are some beauty's.

Sue.

Here is a list of supplies used:  




No comments:

Post a Comment