Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Simply Magical

 Hello,

I'm here again to share a layout made for The Mad Scrapper Blog and this time it's Christmas! I'm using a postcard which we bought on a visit to Mount Doria in Florida back in 2008. It is Christmas Moonlight by Thomas Kinkade.


I chose to use the new collection by Maja Designs which can be found in store, a full list of products can be found at the bottom of the page.
I trimmed the Believe paper to 111/2 sq so it could fit on top of the red as a contrast. This time I distressed the red. I stitched the opposite corners with green floss adding a few beads to the top edge. Then I added some Holiday Wishes rub-ons to pop from under the card. Before adding it to the red I inked the edges with Vintage Photo.


I added the postcard to a file frame and inked the edges too. I placed some cardboard underneath to give dimension. 


Here you can see how I have made two clusters to complement the card (I hope lol)


This photo shows the tiny trees and string frame I have used along with more rub-ons and flowers as well as the red hat pin which I purchased on the same holiday.


Another rub-on peeking out, more flowers and string frame here. The trees and frame I added white gesso and glitter to.


This title is a rub-on, there are so many beautiful ones with different fonts it was hard to choose.


I added some Nuvo glitter in snowfall to a few of the stars above Santa 


In this close up you can see a few gems I have added as well as the little "let it snow" button which if you have been crafting for a few years you may have bought some of these themed packets. I added some glitter to the flowers and leaves too.


I hope I have inspired you to use any postcards you may have picked up from a holiday because it doesn't always have to be a photo that you scrap. Thanks for stopping by again, I appreciate any comments left as I do read them. Till next time.
Sue.

Please find the list of products used available at   The Mad Scrapper .











No comments:

Post a Comment