Wednesday, December 14, 2022

O Christmas Tree!

 Hello,

Here I am today with another post for The Mad Scrapper Blog and this time I have used a MDF Christmas Tree shape which I have had in a draw for a couple of years just waiting for its time to shine!


I wanted to make something to give to a youngster, so I chose to cover it with paper and add baubles & bells on twine.  This could also be made with younger members of the family too.  A full list of products is below.

I picked these two papers by Vicki Boutin and thought they would do the trick. From her warm wishes collection from last year. You know when you pick paper and get it home and think "why did I buy this!!" well, these two were those for me but to be quite honest in the end they worked out well.


I started by covering one side with the Holly Jolly paper showing the words and to that I added some snowflakes using texture paste and sprinkling on glitter. I inked the edges with Fired Brick. The trunk and the backside of the tree is covered in the vintage pink paper. Then I cut the manufacture strip off and ran it along the bottom edge.
Next I set about fussy cutting most of the baubles from the bauble paper and I placed card under to give dimension when they were added to the tree.

I firstly added the bells (which all tinkle) to the twine and stuck them all down so giving me some idea where to put the baubles. Below you can see the texture paste snowflakes better. You can see I have added some pearls and some Nuvo drops.

I used one of the huge baubles to cut a bow from and placed it on the trunk. I have also used the unused baubles to cut out lots of stars and dotted them about.


Next I took a banner out of 49andmarkets Peace and Joy ephemera pack and placed that at the top. I have so much of this left from last year, you probably do too. There are some new ones in this year's pack that would fit just fine.
To make sure it wouldn't fall in I tucked a couple of small pearls under which you can't see when you look straight at it. I thought if it was to be put away after Christmas for next year that would help it keep its shape.

Thanks for stopping in again today, don't forget these and lots of other lovely supplies can be picked up in person or online at www.themadscrapper.co.uk 

Sue.

Here is the list of supplies from the store:
I used the 12x12 sheet of baubles but it's out of stock now but you can find it in the paper pad below.













No comments:

Post a Comment