Friday, June 24, 2022

Best Ever!

 Hello!

Today I'd like to share a layout I have made for themadscrapper.blog . 

I have recently returned from a fabulous holiday with family in Washington State. I should have gone 3 days after we were put into lockdown 2020! So you can imagine how much I was looking forward to going there.


As you can see I have used my favourite papers and flowers from 49-and-market . The two ladies in the photo with me are my cousins and Karen (on the left) I have not seen since 1979 and Alyson.
Here you can see I have chosen 2 papers to start with Bazzill-boysenberry-smooth and 49-and-market/VAC-Edition-vol-2-paper-1


Then I grabbed a selection of stash that maybe could go on the layout.


Along with lots of flowers and leaves which Janine sells in store.


I decided to do some stitching on the layout, so I first drew a circle and pricked either side of it and then I used a stencil from Bramble Fox for the leaves and inked through with distress-mowed-lawn and seedless-preserves then I stitched using 2 strands of green floss.


Here you can see I have trimmed the top paper to 111/2 and mounted it on to the Boysenberry to frame it but before I did I inked the edge and distressed it.

In the next few photo's you can see how it all came together. A lovely cluster of flowers and leaves here


I tucked some floss underneath as well as a little ticket from simple-stories you may have some left in your own stash.


This photo shows I have used one of my many saved manufacturers strips from kaisercraft to make this sentiment from the Amethyst collection. The little camera at the bottom is wood and I coloured it using Promarkers and tucked it behind a banner.


Here you can see I made a couple of flag banners and added flowers and a little butterfly charm on the same green floss. You can also see Nuvo drops I have added too.


One thing I have added all over the layout are vintage-artistry-rub-ons in splats, stitching and the word Best.


This photo shows that I have layered my photograph on to green and then lilac but placed foam between them. I also tucked a couple of tags in there two.


Here's another little look at the finished layout. I hope I have inspired you to use your wonderful papers and flowers to make something you will be pleased to share with others.


Do pop over to themadscrapper.co.uk where you will be amazed at all the wonderful things Janine has to offer us all.
Thanks again
Sue.





No comments:

Post a Comment