Friday, May 21, 2021

Get Well.

Hello,

Today I am sharing another card with you for the The Mad Scrapper blog . This one uses the beautiful paper home-grown by Heidi Swapp. Janine has 4 in the storyline collection plus a  Mini kit with texture-paste. These papers are so pretty. 


I have used just one 12x12 sheet to make this card along with a butterfly from hello happy by simple stories and a couple of pink 4cm-single-flowers.

The card design I have chosen today is known as a Joy Fold card. I have taken some photos of how I put it together for anyone who has never made one or like me forgotten as I had to look it up


I used white cardstock for this but you can use any, it looks wonderful in coloured especially if for a young person. Fold the large at 51/2 keeping fold to left. The smaller fold at 4 but have the fold on your right.

              

Here I show you the sizes of paper I have used for the card. Attach C to the inside of the large card and D to the front panel. Attach E to the inside of the small card and F to the outside. Just remember if using a paper with a definite pattern on it that you attach the right way up! Once you have added your papers attach the small card to the centre of the back card.
Here you can see the beginnings of my card, I have added a stamped sentiment where I have mixed shabby-shutters and kitsch-flamingo inks to resemble the paper colours. I also matted on black card to make it pop. I have added the butterfly and some clear glitter glue.


Now you can see I have added a couple of daisy's and leaves, buttons were added to their centres but you could easily have added brads or stamens. I added black dimensional glue to the corners. 


I decided the inside of this panel needed a little something else so I added another panel of the flower but matted it on black, this size paper is 4 x 2 3/4. I also added another butterfly but this is a cardstock sticker from simple-vintage-cottage-fields sticker sheet. I placed it on card first then cut around it and lifted it with glue gell. I also added pink glue dots here too.


This next photo shows how it looks when standing. As you can see the inside dotty panel allows you space to add a verse which I will do next. If you wanted to you could add a button or stopper to hold down the front panel. I haven't this time but if you do remember to leave enough room on the left of the card.


Thanks for stopping by today, if you have time leave a comment or two as its always nice to see who's been by.

*******

One sheet of paper was used on the card above, but I had a small piece left so I made a gift bag to put away in my stash.





Take Care

Sue.

1 comment: