Saturday, May 8, 2021

Happy Anniversary

Hello,

Today I'd like to share a card I have made for the mad scrapper blog It is for my sister and brother-in-law to celebrate their anniversary. 


This card uses the fun Sommartider-badshorts paper by Maja Designs. I have used both sides today along with a corresponding solid cardstock called starfruit-blisssmoothies by Bazzill. Janine has 4 different papers to show you in this collection and all are fun and zesty. I'm thinking they would be great for beach or summer layouts too.
Here are a couple of photos to show you the papers I ordered along with 49 and market flowers and single-flowers which come in loads of colours and sizes and the cute vintage rose in ivory which in the end I didn't use but I will soon.

                                 

Also I used the cheesecloth-pack and  Kaiserfusion Pen in blue and I can't make a card without pearls and this time they were snow. Again Janine has many different colours available.

                                 

To start with I took a 6x6 cardblank and added the plain yellow leaving a small boarder. I used the yellow side of the badshorts paper distressing the edges first, then I cut a slightly smaller size and used a curve edge die to remove a corner with more distressing on the other 3 sides. I added this to the card with foam square's.
I cut out a doily in the yellow and added a stitched circle to the centre. This was placed on the card and to it I added cheesecloth to soften the underneath of where the flowers will go.


Here you can see the flowers in place with the addition of a couple of brads (had those years lol) to the centres of the daisies and I have added some leaves in a lovely zesty lime green which is in the paper too.


To finish off today I have added lovely snow pearls about the layout to match those in the flowers. I also stamped a sentiment to a strip of yellow and added to the space at the bottom.


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you can leave a comment just to let me know who has been. Till next time, take care.

Sue.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment