Thursday, January 28, 2021

Wedding Day

 Hello there!

I've been busy again doing another layout using my box of photographs brought from my parents house.

This layout uses a photo of me on my wedding day back in 1986! Taken on the stairs by my uncle who took quite a few for us before heading to the church.

I have used paper from Scrapboys called Premavera then I added pale green gesso through my newest purchase from the mad scrapper a stencil by TCW called tile mania. I've never shopped at this store before and I can recommend it as they sell some different company's papers & other goods.


I had this stack of paper/card in my stash and chose a green to complement the Primavera to go underneath after gutting the circle for the photo. I fussy cut flowers and leaves and then another circle from another page of Primavera, I ran this circle through an embossing folder before adding it to the page. I softened the photo by rounding the edges and adding cheesecloth under.


As you can see I added some beautiful lace to the right and then started to add some paper flowers along with some Foamiran ones I had made myself. More were placed at the top of the photo's along with a tiny bit of lace to give the idea of my veil.


To finish off I added pearls in shades used on the layout along with a little frame which I painted with left over green gesso.

Thanks for stopping by today, I have another page coming up tomorrow but using a much more recent photograph!

Take care and don't forget to leave a word or two to let me know you have stopped by.

Sue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment