Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy 2014

Well it's 2014 and I wonder what it has in store for all of us? Good health and happiness I wish for all of  my friends and family.

Just after Christmas I was asked to make 3 cards for the same young man turning 21. One from his Nana (my neighbour), one from his mum and dad and another from a friend.

Here are two of the cards I made, the other was delivered before I could take a photo.

 
 
This is a large A5 card using a black cardstock. I have used 2 sheets of DCWV glitter stack paper which I mounted on to some tan cardstock. Out of the same tan card I cut the circle image from Accent Essentials and split up. The cards are cut from Kaisercraft paper and inked, I added some glossy accents to a few hearts. The love embellishment was a great find in Looby Crafts, a whole bag of wooden sentiments for £3. I used a little ribbon and another gold card embellishment to finish off the sentiment strip which I printed out myself.
 
Here is the card I made for his Mum and Dad to give. I saw ts on Pinterest and just loved it so I switched around the sentiment to best suit and this is what I came up with.
 


 
Again this is a A5 card blank but in Blue. The striped paper is also from Kaisercraft. I started by printing out the sentiment on to some cream card and then using a die I cut out the 3 stars. I also used a hand punch a popped out some more stars. I die cut out 3 small stars and added those to the card front along with some ribbon. The edges of the paper and cream card have been distressed and inked too.
 
Thanks for stopping by today and again Happy New Year.
 
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sue,wonderful male cards! I especially love the first one! They are completely different from each other, and guy cards are always a tough one to come up with! You rocked it on both of them! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete