Saturday, July 20, 2013

Take a trip......

Hello again,
Over at www.myshericrafts.com design team member Charlotte asked us to come up with a project or card depicting a destination, mode of transport or reason to travel.
This time I decided to make a luggage tag for a friend who is taking a trip to Paris for her Birthday.



I started with a long tag shape cut from 300gsm black card stock 6x3 in size. I used a Rubbernecker stamp which I have had for a while and I stamped in Dusty Concord. I also used Justrite Paris stamps which my good friend gave me for my birthday last year. I lifted the tower off the page along with the Bon Voyage and two other small stamps. I also added a stick pin and 3 pearls.
The bow is made from ribbon I kept from a cake and I used all sorts of yarn for the tag tie.

Please pop over to see what everyone else has made for you to see and then join in with your own creation.

Thanks,  Sue

7 comments:

  1. How fun for your friend to be going to Paris! :) This is a beautiful tag Sue! Love the colors you chose! I really love everything about this tag! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is a lucky gal to have such a BEAUTIFUL & thoughtfully handmade tag for her upcoming trip!!!
    See we were thinking alike, Sue -- I didn't realize until I had my tag added to my card that you'd used the Paris theme also! It's from a class back in about '01 or '02, as the shop closed in late '02! Loved it and didn't want to part with it & found it in a search for something else last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Sue- lovely to see you again at the crop yesterday *waves*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see you again so soon yesterday lol.
      Thanks for stopping by Big waves to you too.

      Delete
  4. Sue, this has to be the prettiest luggage tag I had ever seen! The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this luggage tag is simply gorgeous! I have to be honest though... I wouldn't use it! LOL! It's too beautiful. I would hate for this tag to be banged up and beaten up through luggage conveyors. I would use it for a bookmark instead so I can see it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous luggage tag! I agree with Raquel! I would not take the chance of this beauty getting beaten up on the trip! Your friend will love this!

    ReplyDelete