Friday, September 13, 2024

Happy 50th

 Hello,

Today I'm sharing a pretty birthday card over on The Mad Scrapper Blog using the recently added Maja Design Mum's Garden collection.



I start by choosing the papers that I may use and as you can see I have picked 2 plain and 3 patterned papers, all of which are double sided. If you have never tried Maja Design papers I would urge you to give them a try because they are beautiful and they are thick.

 


I start by making a 7x7 white card blank and then I add my first paper with the hearts distressing the edges first. Then using a fancy deckle edge nesting die set I cut a darker green and topped with the floral paper. I added foam underneath for dimension. Apologies for these last 2 photos it was so sunny they just came through a little dark.


I missed the next 2 sizes of dies and cut another green and topped with the heart paper. Then I added the sentiments on top. I knew I wanted to use some glitter and thought the 50 had to be done in it. I used a bright pink to cut the fan leaf and green and glitter for the sprigs. I tucked them under sentiment mat.
I have used flowers from Green Tara and pearl stamens to make a cluster at the top left. I also added a tiny flower by the daughter flag.


You can see the layering here in this photo. Sometimes I use foam other times just a piece of light card from a cereal packet. I also used some Nuvo drops around the layout.


A closer look at the dimension around the top cluster.


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I have inspired you to try out these papers, they make beautiful cards as well as layouts. 
Do stop by and say Hi to Janine and checkout the collection for yourself if you can't make it in person  go to The Mad Scrapper  

Sue.

Here is a list of the supply's I have used:
Pastel Flowers - Rose   I actually used the Botanical pack but these are a excellent substitute 








No comments:

Post a Comment