Friday, March 1, 2024

Fish Town

 Hello,

I'm just sharing this layout from our day out in Brixham AKA Fish Town!  We went on a lovely walk with my sister & hubby along the cliffs and dropped down in to town for a coffee and cake at the harbour side. It was a beautifully hot day so everywhere was busy which was lovely to see.

I have used 2 beautiful papers from The Mad Scrapper  the base is Amazonite from the Shades of Boho collection by Maja Designs and Legends of the Sea by Pion Designs both I have had in my stash for a few years now but maybe you have them too. 


Here you can see a closer look at the top cluster. I am following along with a sketch challenge and you can see that below, I have twisted the sketch for my layout. The sketch uses multiple circles in its design and I have chosen colours from the photos. 


I have used a new to me fish stencil under both clusters as well as a few diecut fish. I have added glass drops and perspextive circles and stars.


I loved the mermaid image so decided to leave it untouched. Whilst walking about they told us about a TV series that was filmed in the town telling the story of the community and some of its key residents so when we got home we watched it. It was good because we had seen everywhere they were talking about.


Here is the sketch I have followed, it's by Allison Davis who's family own and run the Scrapbook Generation store in USA


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I have inspired you today by using up old stash and remember if you are stuck for an idea a sketch is always a great place to kick start your mojo.

Sue.




No comments:

Post a Comment