Friday, July 1, 2016

Twisted Easel Card for Ecletic Ellapu

First of the month see's the start of a new challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu.and the theme for the pink team is again Anything Goes! This means you can show us anything your making right now.
I decided to share a card I made for my neighbours son who is hitting the BIG 50! Oh what's in a number I hear you say lol.
The card is a 6x6 square, I used an image I picked up as he's into his gardening that I could 3D (afraid I can't say who it's by sorry, but I think it's widely sold). I put it together using my trusty Pinflare Glue and then matted it on to a burnt orange card. I used the same orange to cut out the 50 on my Cricut using DonJuan cartridge.
I took another square of the orange and passed it through a embossing folder with the chicken wire effect on it. That went down on the base. I used a odd bit for the stopper strip with the requested sentiment on. 
The main image was added to a square of Kraft card which I had added a smaller square of "tune up" by Kaisercraft to first. I punched a few holes in the left side and threaded some of my hubby's gardening twine through anchoring the top with a twirly brad. This chap is also into camping and couldn't resist adding a Kaisercraft rub on to a die cut circle of Kraft and matted on to some orange to fill in that space.
The verse is hidden behind the easel, printed on to white and matted on to Kraft in a hexagon spellbinder shape.
Thanks for stopping by today, leave a message so I know who's stopped by.
 I've also linked up to the following challenges.

Creative Ladybirds Creations.#17
cardsgalorechallenges 
Sue 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine card! Love the colors and image! So many nice embellishments!

    Hugs,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card and their son will love it I am sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely masculine card, thanks for sharing with Creative Ladybirds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. Great design and image.
    Thank-you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore July Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete