Sunday, June 21, 2015

Cherished Moments

Hi,
Today I have a layout to share with you. Believe it or not I started this one off at a Merly Crop about 8 months ago and yesterday was its time to be finished lol. Well it was raining here so nothing much to do and DH was watching the qualifying for the Grand Prix.

The papers are by Kaisercraft at www.merlyimpressions.co.uk from the Candy Lane collection.

 
The background paper is a real zesty green colour and so the pink and oranges just pop off the page. The flowers are the backside of the stripe paper. I used a Mather Stewart punch for the boarder strip which has 4 layers.
The photographs were taken in 1969 on a family holiday to Newquay in Cornwall. Myself and two sisters along with Mum and Dad. I added some paper flowers to one frame and cut out the ones to the other. I added some Verve "sprightly sprigs" Oh and the bee my eldest sister will remember why that's there lol. The hearts I have stitched in place but popped up their edges. The sentiments are rub-ons by Kaisercraft too. I added the black dashes as the leaves were a bit lost on the background paper.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment