Monday, September 20, 2021

Oxford

 Hello,

Here I am sharing another project I have made for  themadscrapper.blog. This time it is a layout of a recent visit to Oxford. 

We have been enjoying the TV series Endeavour (one of my favourite shows that I can watch time and time again) over the past weeks and as our son was away we took a drive out there. Not been for some time and we were pleasantly surprised by the new shopping centre that had sprung up but we were there for a nice walk along the river taking in the sites of the spires of the colleges which this photo in the layout shows.



For this layout I have used vintage-artistry-hike-more-boscage and vintage-artistry-anywhere-journal-cards but the blue side.

But don't worry I gutted the centre out of it before adding the cut down to 11inch Boscage to it. I also inked the edges of everything using vintage-photo distress ink before adding.  Then I took vintage-artistry-hike-more-journal-cards and made a little cluster for the top left area.


I recently purchased a EK punch which gives that notebook style edge and you can see it in action here on the Notes piece and a little bit of blue.
The photo was matted on to a 49-and-market/vintage-artistry-essentials-4-6-file-frame-set and then on to some Hessian and lifted up by placing a bit of cardboard underneath and then stuck down.

Then I took lots and lots of 49andMarket flowers and leaves and made 2 clusters to go at the top and bottom right of the photo.

Here are the flowers listed royal-spray-ocean-jaderoyal-posies-ocean-jadeenchanted-petals-parchment and green-tara/mini-flowers/cream I also added a big daisy from my stash along with a jade wax thread bow. You can also see a little touch of cream lace added to bottom and the right side of the photo.

On this next photo you can see the little cluster I made up and also 1 of 3 butterflies/moths I stamped out using mowed-lawn and vintage-photo cutting them out and adding them with foam pads. The bicycle had to be added because there were soooo many around us not only on the roads but along the river too.


You can see I added my journaling to the strip and tucked a off cut with the underside showing. I dotted about some newly acquired sequins from Spiegelmom along with gems by kaisercraft mine are yellow/green but there are others in store.


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I have given you a little inspiration for use of these fabulous papers. The full selection along with rub-ons, stamps and stickers can be found in store or online at www.themadscrapper.co.uk .

Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment