Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Together

 Hello again!

Today I'm sharing a new layout for themadscrapper.blog called Together. It shows a photo of myself and two sisters on the pier at Llandudno this last July. As we all live miles away from each other we hardly ever meet up so this photo means a lot to me.


So we start by choosing our papers from the amazing selection found in store or online at themadscrapper . Today I chose chiffon/canvas by Bazzill, vintage-artistry-beached-palm, and a page I took out of vintage-artistry-butter-collection. There are a couple of single sheets available if you don't want the full collection but then who wouldn't!


I started with the plain yellow sheet and removed a 10cm circle from the centre, distressed the edges and popped my photo behind, I did stick a A4 sheet of paper behind just to keep it safely in place.


Then I took the palm paper cutting it to 11 3/4inch square and used a punch around 2 sides but it took off too much so I had to square it off again!! From the centre I cut a 11cm circle and distressed the edges. Then on the 2 sides I didn't punch I stitched using lemon and lime embroidery thread. I attached it to the yellow using tacky glue as I needed wiggle time to get the cut-out right. I do turn the paper.


Now I take the paper called Garden Notes which has a very pale flower on it. Trimming it down to 10 1/4inch square I cut out of the centre a 12cm circle. I decided to take a stencil from my stash which has flowers on it and inked through it using 2 blue and one green Distress inks. As you can see I stitched again and also tore in 3 places tucking behind paper which is the other side of the palm paper which has summer definitions on it. I also took 2 pieces of Geometric-panel by Dusty Attic which I embossed in white with a few bits of brown, I thought it matched the railings behind us.


The next group of photo's show close ups of all the flowers etc I have added to the layout. Here are the links Enchanted-petals-parchmentFlower-mini-series-01-cobaltRoyal-posies-ocean-jadeRoyal-spray-ocean-jadeMini-flowers-bright-blue. I also cut a few leaves from the palm paper and popped them under the flowers as well as some spare stamens.




The title is cut from the info strip and added to some yellow, I've also used a tab from vintage-artistry-beached-ephemera-bits and a butterfly from simple-vintage-cottage-fields-hello-happy which I lifted on foam before adding glitter glue down its body.





My 2 sisters Jayne, Me and Beverley 💖💖💖


To finish off I have I added this this layer to thin cardboard before attaching it to the palm paper, it makes it nice and sturdy with all its additions. I added Nuvo drops in yellow, lime green and black to finish.

Thanks for stopping by today, do call in at the shop be it Online or at the "bricks and mortar" to see all these beautiful things and then many more too. Leave a word so I know who's stopped by. Till next time take care.

Sue.





No comments:

Post a Comment