Saturday, September 25, 2021

Happy 60th

 Hello There,

Today I am sharing a birthday card I have recently made for my own sisters 60th birthday. 


For this I have used papers from maja-designs Tropical Garden Collection. 3 in total but the one missing from the photo below is called cockatoo and that is the main focus on the card. This beautiful image cried out to be placed on a card.


There are 17 papers in the full collection including 5 self coloured as is the green one above.


I started off making my 7x7 card blank and adding to that a slightly smaller patterned paper which I first stitched the bottom right using a green thread and then distressed the edges. Then I added the Cockatoo paper to the green paper but not before stitching the top and left side using a mixture of the green and purple threads. I distressed the edges again and added it to the card using foam pads.


I took 49-and-market enchanted-petals-ballet-slipper and parchment along with cherry-blossoms by Green Tara and 1cm-rose-white and made a little collection for the top left.


I placed down a little cheesecloth and tucked in some leaves I cut from the green using both sides as one is lighter than the other.


Using my Cricut I cut out a 60 from the papers and added those the 6 being lifted on foam pads. Other things used are citrus gems, and a Happy Birthday stamp which I added to the papers too.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I have given you an idea for using these beautiful papers, do checkout the themadscrapper for more papers and crafty items it's bursting at the seams.

Sue.







No comments:

Post a Comment