Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Beach Hair.....Don't Care!

 Hello There!

Today I'm sharing a layout for the mad scrapper blog and it's a fun one. Recently Janine sponsored a prize in the birthday hop over at peartreecutfiles blog so I popped over there and purchased a couple. This one caught my eye as I had just the photo in mind to use!


As you can see I was looking less than glamorous with my windswept hair do Lol.

To make the base I first chose papers from 49andmarket and Maja Designs

I trimmed the Windward bound paper to 11 1/2square and distressed the edges. Then I gutted the tropical-orchid before adding the windward to it. You can see that the edges of the sails have a pink to them which is why I chose the orchid as the base.


This is the cutfile which comes to you in white or black as you can see I chose white and then I took the hair & care and coloured them slightly with fired-brick distress ink and the beach and don't I touched the top with peacock-feathers distress ink to make them pop off the page.


Ooh here's a look at my hair 😱 
I have used pieces of  vintage-artistry-beached-ephemera-bits and beached-journal-cards by 49andmarket about this layout. I even used the packaging from the ephemera as a mat under the photo! The photo was lifted on foam to enable me to tuck under the couple of tags.
In this next photo you can see I made a little cluster for the top left, you can also see a few sequins by spiegelmomscraps from the balloon festival range & glossy accents that I have dotted about.


This next photo shows a little cluster I placed at the bottom of the page to correspond with what was printed on the paper. A couple I have lifted on foam.


This last photo shows the ship and text also printed on the paper. I bought the paper because my husband loves everything to do with the sport. I didn't quite know what I would do with it but hey we all do that don't we lol.


Thanks for stopping by again. Please leave a word or two so I know who's been. Also pop over to themadscrapper online shop that's if you can't make it to the store itself, Janine has lots and lots of beautiful papers etc to satisfy your requirements for almost any theme you have in mind. Plenty other beach style papers including the full selection of 49-and-market/beach collection.

Till next time, take care.

Sue.









No comments:

Post a Comment