Saturday, July 1, 2023

Dear Friend Birthday Card.

Hello,
Here I am today sharing a birthday card I recently made for a lady to give her dear friend who will be turning 60! I also know this lady and I am aware she loves flowers on her cards, so I have chosen papers, ephemera and paper flowers from 49andmarket all available from The Mad Scrapper  I have also added items from my stash.


The card is a 5x8 inch bright white card blank and to that I have added Boysenberry and then a piece of Viken-Slendid paper but not before stitching in deep purple floss and distressing all edges. I then took another narrower strip stitched along one edge only and added deep white lace so it hung over the right edge adding it to the card with foam for dimension.


Then I took the laser cuts and started adding them around the panel so I could build upon it with the paper flowers etc. The big turquoise flower is an old Prima one and because of the gold I added the leaves with gold on which I thought was a nice touch.


I printed out the sentiment and added enamel sparkly dots around along with a few Prima pearls. I also removed the brown stamens and added my own lilac ones. A couple butterflies dotted about and the card is finished.


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to use your scrapbook papers for luscious card making too. Janine has loads of beautiful papers to drool over and you are sure to find something to suit your occasion. 

Sue.

 Boysenberry Delight/Smoothies 

ARToptions Viken – Splendid 

Majestic Bouquet – Marble Paper Flowers 

Enchanted Petals - Twilight 



No comments:

Post a Comment