Friday, July 28, 2023

Love this life!

 Hello, 

Today I'm up on  The Mad Scrapper Blog with this double page layout of my husband competing in this years Radio Controlled Model Yacht Global Championships which were held in Fleetwood in May.

He was so pleased to qualify as he has only been sailing these boats since late 2018 and there were skippers from around the world in attendance. Because the boats are in many different colours and it was such wonderful weather the photographs are lovely and bright to I chose to use the colourful collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio  Happy Days.

I chose to follow a sketch for this layout because I needed to show many photos and sometimes you just need a hand with layout don't you think? Here is the sketch.


As you can see I have followed quite closely, cutting up the papers so as not to waste precious paper. I have also added a little sailing boat stamped image but most of it has been covered by the papers but not to worry. As you can see I flipped the stripes on the bottom strips for a little contrast.


Here you can get a better look at the lefthand side. I have trimmed down the photos to allow them to be mounted on to some dark grey paper. The top photo shows the course they will follow, all those little cubes represents a gate or the start and finish line. This was tweaked daily due to wind strength or direction. That's my hubby with his boat and all other photos will show it in action.

I have chopped up journaling cards to give cute sentiments to dot about. I have also added puffy hearts and the championship sticker.


Here is a closer look at the right hand page. Again with more action shots. I have added his fleet board strip on top of the flag banner and the host sailing clubs sticker too. More cute sentiments and a fabulous perspextive title embellishment by Bramble Fox  to round things up.


Thanks for stopping by again today, I hope I have inspired you to chop up your papers to make great backgrounds for your layouts.
Stop in at The Mad Scrapper  to see all the lovely collections Janine has available you're sure to find something that will suit your theme.

Sue.

Please find the links to the store products:




No comments:

Post a Comment