Thursday, August 19, 2021

It's A Girl!

Hello!

Here I am today sharing with you all a first for me, it's a altered frame. I have seen many of these done but mostly on embroidery hoops but I didn't have one to hand but I did have this hoop which I bought at my local-ish craft shop. So I thought I'd give it a try. Have to say I'm pretty pleased with the outcome if I do say so myself!! I have made this for themadscrapper/blog .


I started with a piece of bazzill-basics in coral which I gutted a ruff circle out of, leaving the rest maybe to go under another project. I fitted it to the hoop and left it to dry.

 Then I chose my papers from the Echo Park welcome baby girl collection, you can see below which I have selected for possible use.

From the sweet-baby-girl paper I have cut a slightly smaller circle, I have added White Gesso through my finnabair-stencil-6x9-iris and sprinkled glitter before it dried. Then I stitched around the edge using corresponding thread finishing off with a touch of distressing.


I added this to the hoop using foam sheets to lift a little from the base. Then I took out lots of things I had either in my stash or that I had fussy cut from the papers from this collection or other similar coloured ones.

I also pulled out lace, ribbon and crocheted doilies, ooh and some cheesecloth too. The It's A Girl is off the 3x4-journaling-cards which I have added to a dusty-attic atc-frame after I have embossed in white and a smattering of pink powder.


This next photo shows I have chosen to add 2 more circles to the hoop from bundle-of-joy paper using both sides. I fussy cut a few baby vests too.


I added some pink lace across the middle of the frame and to that the white pompom ribbon. Then I added the 2 circles after lifting them on foam. Over the centre of those I added the white lace and then set to embellishing the rest of the hoop.


You can see I have added flowers from 49-and-market in ballet-slippers along with white and pink Roses I have also added a drinking straw and a couple of buttons, one of which is the tiny feet.


The Sometimes the Smallest is a sticker from little-dreamer-girl-sticker-book which I mounted on a tag I made from one of the papers used.


Here you can see a couple of vests along with some tabs I made and a butterfly & several hearts from the simple-vintage-cottage-fields-cardstock-stickers. As I said before they all seem to work so well together.


Other items I have used are melange-art-pebbles-clear , Finnabair clear glass beads and scor-tape

To finish off this project I added glitter to the flowers and some baby pink Nuvo drops. The thread to the tag I have had since I started crafting many years ago, I'm sure you may well have some lurking as it was the thing to have back then in the late 90's.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you like what you see and maybe you will give this a try for an occasion you have coming up. Don't forget to pop over to themadscrapper.co.uk because you know you'll find lots to tempt you there.

Take care,

Sue.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment