Friday, April 7, 2023

Birthday Joy-Fold Card

 Hello,

Today I'm here to share a birthday card I recently made for The Mad Scrapper Blog using papers from the new Autumn Poem collection by Maja Designs (full list of supplies at the bottom) and a different card fold than I normally use. I believe it goes by the name Joy-Fold and I have given cutting and folding instructions for this card too.


The card will fit into a 6x6 envelope. Below you can see how it opens for anyone who has not come across it before.


Take a 10x5 inch card and score at 53/4. Then take another piece of card 91/4 x 33/4 and score at 5, this smaller one will have its fold on the right side.
Choose your papers and these are for the larger card and 3 sizes to cut
 47/8 x 55/8
46/8 x 4
41/8 x 47/8
The next are for the smaller card with the right hand fold
4 x 35/8
41/8 x 33/4
37/8 x 33/4
You can see I have used the same paper on the inside of the smaller card and the outside and inside of the larger card. The darker paper is perfect for the back of the card front and it pops up again as mats to the sentiments and front panel too. The Thinking of You is off the manufacturers strip, they put lovely sentiments on these.

I just stamped a Happy Birthday inside with plenty space to hand write around, even on the loss leaf too if you don't mind writing on the pretty paper!

In this last photo you can see the front embellishments are made up of a flower cluster from 49andmarket along with a couple of pearls from my stash. I thought it worked well with the paper below them.


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I have inspired you to try this card fold and to use some of your pretty papers you may have purchased from Janine at The Mad Scrapper  if you are looking to buy some more pop over there and check this collection out.

Sue.

Products used today:
From my stash 
1cm pink rose bud
Pearls
Kaisercraft pearls in pink and cranberry.










No comments:

Post a Comment