Wednesday, April 26, 2023

40th Birthday Card

 Hello,

Today I'd like to share with you all a card I recently made for The Mad Scrapper Blog using pretty papers from Maja Design  along with flowers from the store and a few stash items.


I started by making a shaped card blank from white heavyweight card and added to it 3 layers each getting a little smaller and 2 of which I distressed their edges. The request was to add a family photo to the card so I added it to a oval which you can see popping out from the top left. To allow this to tuck under I added foam to the underside of the flower paper leaving space for the tag to easily pull out and back in.


Once I did this I just gathered flowers, leaves, lace and other bits to add to the front for interest. I first added the deep lace and then a banner which sits on top of a cut off from one of the papers. I made a tassel to match the rose and banner.


I chose a little image from the papers to add to the right side of the card and clustered 2 Prima flowers and a leaf to its side.


I tucked a few pearls around the layout and some of the circles from the banner too. 


The card sits on a stand which I cut out and used the same soft green card to add the trellis front too.


I hope you like this card, it's a little different and I know it will have the Wow factor on the mantle.

Pop in to the store to see the full range of beautiful papers and embellishments Janine has available for use on your layouts or cards. If not go online as I do The Mad Scrapper  

Sue.

Here is a list of the supplies I have used:
Prima flowers were from the Thirty-One range, the large roses were from Kaisercraft 



No comments:

Post a Comment