Saturday, January 23, 2021

Christmas Bauble

 Hello there!

Today I'd like to share a little project I worked on last month as a gift for my mum who is in a care home and we are unable to visit.

In her room there is no where to put a Christmas tree so I thought this would look nice on her side table where she puts her little treats.


I started with a clear plastic bauble from Hobbycraft bought in the January 2020 sale (I'm sure they will have them in store in the sale when they reopen) and covered areas in white gesso letting it dry then I added medium stones and after drying I covered with crackle paste and then white paint.



I then used distress spray paint, blotting off some areas as I didn't want it too pink. I added glitter to areas around it too.


Then I started to decorate using pink and white flowers I made using Foamiran along with snowflakes and glittery polystyrene balls. I had a silver branch with clear gems on which I saved from crackers years ago and that went on top along with a greeting and a open star both I embossed to complement the colours used.



Inside I used a little Christmas tree another flower I made all sitting on some green threads.


I spotted the Christmas gnome in store early December, so of course they came home with me and one found its way on the front.

I hope you like this and maybe when the shops open you will find something to alter for yourself. Thanks for stopping by and maybe you can leave me a comment so I know who's stopped by.

Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment