Wednesday, May 24, 2023

We Belong Together.

 Hello,

Today I am sharing a beautiful layout of my late parents for the The Mad Scrapper Blog using fabulous papers and ephemera from Simple Stories available in the store at the time of writing this post.


Simple Stories have worked with In My Minds Eye on this collection and you can tell it is somewhat different to their usual style, more subdued but gorgeous still.
I stared with the sprig paper cutting down to 11.5 inch, distressing the edges and inking too. I saw at the weekend Niki Rowlands add her outside boarder on a sqiffy angle and thought I'd give it a go, once stuck down I squared it all off to 12x12.

I did gut the vanilla paper first so I could use again to mat my photo. Once stuck down I added the stripe paper at 10.5 x 5.25 inch again distressing the edges. Then I took the butterfly paper and cut to 5x9 and stitched the edge using a Yukon Gold thread, once again I distressed all edges before sticking all down. The butterfly paper is lifted by a piece of light card for added dimension.

In this next photo you can see I have used a couple of tags adding ribbon from my stash tucking underneath a few flowers and leaves from the ephemera pack.


This next photo shows closer around the tags where I have added a few gems and pearls along with a couple of gold foiled leaves from my stash.


A close up on the bottom of the page showing the stitching and dimension.


This next photo shows how I've added a sticker from the sheet along with more bling from the gems, pearls and tiny leaves.


The photo below shows another sticker which I have added card below for lift and a few more pearls.


Thank you for stopping by again today, I hope I have inspired you to try these beautiful papers on a layout, card or other projects you may have in mind. There are other items available within this collection so please pop on over to The Mad Scrapper  to check them out. A full list of what I have used can be found below.

Sue.


Supply list:
From my stash
Floss, pearls, gems, ribbons and perspextive hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment