Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Right here, right now!

 Hello,

I'm here today to share yet another layout made for The Mad Scrapper Blog and today it showcases a couple of photos of my husbands second love, radio controlled sailing. I am pleased to say I'm his first ha-ha.


I have chosen to use papers from 49andmarket along with ephemera from them and some out of my stash. A full list will be at the bottom of this page.
I started by taking the Uncharted paper and cutting it down to 111/4, removing a circle from the centre and distressing inside and outside edges. Then I hand stitched around the circle. I took a grey Bazzill card and reduced that to 111/2 and removed the centre circle but not quite as big. I distressed the inside and then matted them together.


I put those two on to a sheet of Oceanic and distressed the edges. This paper affords me a almost sunset view through the cut away circle. I took my 2 photos matting one just on grey and the main one on two layers of spare card at a jaunty angle allowing them to come over the edges of the circle.


I looked through my stash to find beachy, sailing type embelishments which I can tell you was hard! I decided to grab a few bits out of the Beached ephemera pack along with Serenity chipboard pieces and stash item's.


The journaling is both around the edge of the circle and on this journal card. I tucked a camera diecut and sailboat under it and a good old deck chair on top. I decided the title was to be the perfect phrase on the chipboard.


The lake they use to sail on is highly visited by seagulls so this laser cut was perfect and I liked the tickets too which were a perfect place to pop the acrylic date.


Just a closer look around the page, this one shows another seagull and stitching 


Here you can see the clusters I have made around the page.


Thanks for stopping by again today. The papers I have used have a beachy theme but Janine sells lot of different papers and you will be bound to find some that will fit the theme of your photos. Call by today or go online to The Mad Scrapper .

Sue.

Please find below a list of supplies used, some may be out of stock but you could already have them in your stash:
Bazzill - Ash/Canvas 
Beached Ephemera Pack
Beached Laser Cuts
D.M.C. Floss-437
Acrylic date and seagulls by Bramble Fox 

Today I followed a sketch by Allison Davis of Scrapbook Generation USA










No comments:

Post a Comment